Friday, August 31, 2018

Week 87

A scripture that I really liked this week was from Helaman 3. It goes like this:
"29 Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked—
30 And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out."

I like the idea that anyone can choose to follow the example of our Savior and receive the associated blessings that go along with that; no matter what our current life circumstances are. I'm trying my best to be a "man of Christ" like it says in this scripture and I have faith that I can return to live with God again. I invite you all to lay hold upon the word of God this week and let it make you men and women of Christ. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Mitchell

excerpts from an email to the family:

This week I got to interview two people for baptism (that being one of the responsibilities of the district leader - to interview baptismal candidates of those taught by people in his district). One was a 14 year old girl whose grandma is a member. The other was a 30ish year old man whose wife is a member. They both passed. The girl was baptized in the ocean in Miyako. The brother is supposed to get baptized tonight in the Morioka church. He was taught by the APs.

This week I went to Akita to get my new companion. His name is Elder Dickerson and he's from Heber Utah. He's the third of five children. He has two old sisters, one younger brother and the youngest is his little sister. He ran cross country in high school. His Japanese is pretty good. He's taller than I am. I'm kind of short. Umm.

I also went to Miyako for their baptismal interview and splits. It was kind of fun. We didn't have too much time in Morioka this week. And I'm supposed to go to Sendai this week too so that will mean some kind of short time in Morioka this week too.

I love you the most,
BEn

 Me and Elder Dickerson


No comments:

Post a Comment