Friday, August 3, 2018

Week 79

Today is district pday. This is like the third time we've tried to do it this transfer, but last week some district members couldn't come last minute and the week before that nobody had anything they really wanted to do. Today was supposed to be a heavy thunderstorm according to Facebook, but I guess Facebook doesn't know what it's talking about. It's been sunny all day. But since we had planned to be inside, we played ping pong and a couple card games in the church before heading to shabu shabu.

This week we found a young family and talked to mom and four young kids for a few minutes and got permission to come back. We went back a couple times hoping to have a bit more parental participation, but they either said they were busy or were at work both times. One of the highlights of the week was four year old Aki yelling back into the house from the front door in exasperated Japanese, "Mom! It's okay if you don't play video games right now!!" He's a cute kid. :)

We also met a Buddhist missionary who wanted to go out to eat with us. It was not too enjoyable. It sufficeth me to say that that guy (and the friend he brought with) was very confused. But we were able to bear some good testimony about the truthfulness and blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ so that was good. We can at least say we tried to help them.

And we had a great lesson with our friend Tak! He is super interested in the Book of Mormon and willingly reads everything we ask him to! We talked about the Plan of Salvation (also known as Plan of Happiness. It allows us to live with our families and with God eternally) and he understood it all way fast. He thinks that he doesn't have any faith, but he believes everything we've said so far, and committed to pray before he studies the Book of Mormon this week!! He's great. :)

I've been drinking five liters of orange juice per week in recent days. I tell people that I have an orange juice addiction. It might be true. I haven't tried quitting.

I had a disagreement with a bug the other day. I'm not quite sure what I did to offend it, and I didn't actually ever see the bug, but I know it came seeking revenge of some kind because it bit me last Thursday and my ankle is still slightly larger than normal. I sent a picture at the peak of swelling to my mission mom and she asked me to rate my pain on a scale from 1-10. I told her it didn't really hurt and she believed me so she said I didn't need to go to the doctor.

I love you all and I know that God loves you too!

Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell


 A whiteboard picture we happened upon at the church (Shimai = Sister)
 My ankle at the peak of swelling.
My Facebook weather forecast for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment