Friday, August 3, 2018

Week 80

Hello world!

A couple weeks ago the church came out with a new PMG. Some of it is more interesting, Some is less (just kidding), but one thing that caught my eye was the fact that missionary daily planners are now only going to have five weeks in them. I haven't actually been using those because I have a tablet that's way better, but my thought was that maybe transfers are changing to five weeks now. Would there be any other reason for changing the planner to five weeks? I don't have any official evidence for this besides the fact that next transfer will be five weeks (learned that from a really old missionary who will be dying after that one) and that Elder Turk said they were five weeks in an email to me last week. And he's a pretty reliable source most of the time. I'm not quite sure how that will work out if it does change. After this transfer I was set to have 24 weeks left, but if it changes I would either have to go to 25 or to 20. I'm not sure if I would have a choice in that or not but it was fun to think about.

We found a new friend on our way to DTM this week. His name is Shibata. The Sisters were going to be a little bit late because they were stuck at the doctor's office (they're fine... I think) so we decided to stop him on the way. One of the first things he said was that he believes in God and Jesus Christ. We weren't able to talk a whole lot right there because we were on one of the biggest roads in Morioka, but we got his phone number and an appointment to meet again. We've had one lesson with him so far and he's also taken us out to eat Sushi. He is going to go clothes shopping with us today. He said he knows a really great place so that might be fun. Maybe. I don't want to say that there's a zero percent chance of it being fun because that might make me sound like a punk youth who doesn't appreciate people's willingness to do stuff with us. And that would be awkward. Even if I do despise shopping.

This week we had a pretty good lesson with Tak. I think every lesson with him gets better and better. The biggest problem with him right now is that he's been pretty dang busy with work lately. We actually aren't able to meet him again until next Monday unless he calls us back and asks us to come sooner. So that's a little sad. But we're planning on talking about the doctrine of Christ next time and assigned him to read Alma 7 and 3 Nephi 11 to prepare for it, so that should be pretty good. We asked him two times ago to pray before he reads the BoM and when we asked last time he was doing that too, so we're pretty pleased with him right now. :)

Love,
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment