Friday, August 3, 2018

Week 81

Hello Family,

This week happened. It also happened to be the end of the transfer. So I guess I'm now transfer 13. That's pretty old. Neither my companion or I transferred this time so I'm still with Elder Richardson in Morioka.

This week we had three days in a row of companion exchanges. One day in Miyako with those Elders, hopped on a 6:05am bus to make it back to Morioka for Zone Leader splits, and then the next day splits with the APs in our apartment. I was actually sick that day and spent most of it sleeping, but either way it was a crazy three days. I'm mostly better now. My throat is still kind of sore but that's it.

We met with our friend Shibata a few times this week. He's super great. When Elder Richardson taught him on splits I guess he told someone that the missionaries are his best friends. I was a little bit salty about that because I wasn't there and I felt like I had done the most with/for him but I'm mostly over it. :)

Tak is doing good too. He skimmed over the whole Book of Mormon for his day off rather than read what we asked him to. We had assigned him Alma 7 and 3 Nephi 11, two of the realest chapters in the whole book. I guess that's okay though. He asked about unforgivable sins, the sons of perdition, and the placement of the book of Ether. He's a funny guy. We asked him again to read 3 Nephi 11 and hope to get a baptismal date with him next time. We tried with him once before, but his interest in the Book of Mormon has increased a lot over the last week, so we hope that he's ready now.

I just got an email from Sister Lor. She dies this week. That's pretty weird. Elder Turk and I will be the only ones left from our MTC district.

I'm actually stranded at the church right now. We came for personal study because we wanted to watch a missionary broadcast from a couple years ago. But it started raining pretty hard after we got here. We're just emailing until the APs come in their car to rescue us.

Familysearch sent me a way cool email this week.

I love you the most,
Ben

 Elder Richardson and I with Shibata.
 Some Ramen
Family Search

No comments:

Post a Comment