Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 95

We had a District Conference in Morioka so I got to see Brother Shibata and Brother Kurosawa who both got baptized while I was there! That was pretty fun. I didn't get pictures with either of them which was a mistake, but I've always been bad about taking pictures. Those reading this are probably very familiar with the quality and consistency of my picture taking. On our way to District Conference in our Branch President's car we got a flat tire. But our Branch President is hilarious and he was like "We're going to drive on it until we can find a car shop". So we drove on a totally flat tire for probably ten or twelve minutes. By the time we found a new tire the old one was not just flat but totally shredded. Funny stuff. But we made it to the conference on time and our Branch President made us some way good soup for lunch afterwards.

While Elder Davis and I were crossing a bridge the other day we realized that there were some really big fish in a river a few meters below us. We weren't there too long before they had all spotted us and come to beg us for food. Silly fish. They reminded me of three goldfish that live in Kent, WA.

I still haven't been to a normal church meeting in Akita yet. Two days ago was District Conference and the week before that was General Conference. So I still haven't met several of the members. I didn't write an email last week so I don't think I mentioned that General Conference was FANTASTIC! One of the themes that I liked was the importance of families. Families are ordained of God and are important in helping us to learn and prepare to again meet God. The happiest people I know are the ones who love and prioritize their families and make continuous efforts to strengthen family relationships. Speaking of families, I recently got a really cool keyboard app (since my standard Samsung one stopped cooperating) and I can put pictures behind it!

I read Ether 6 this week. I don't remember if I said anything about it the last time I read it but I made a lot of parallels between the barges, the storm, the stones that shine in the darkness, and other stuff in that chapter to missionary work. I recommend that you all read Ether 6 while thinking about the stones touched by Jesus as missionaries/members of the church. I think it will be pretty fun. :) I'm also including a link for those people on this list who happen to not be in possession of a Book of Mormon because this part is one of my favorites:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/ether/6?lang=eng

Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell

Excerpt from the family letter: This week I got to go to Sendai for MLC which stands for Mission Leadership Conference. I think that President Sekiguchi maybe felt bad for me because I'm so old and had not been a zone leader yet. So he made me a zone leader. What a guy. MLC was pretty fun. I think that I ended up talking more than the average person because I had some ideas about how to improve the mission that were maybe a little different than other peoples' ideas. I think that President Sekiguchi appreciated some of them though. He thanked me for coming afterwards. :)


While Elder Davis and I were crossing a bridge the other day we realized that there were some really big fish in a river a few meters below us. We weren't there too long before they had all spotted us and come to beg us for food. Silly fish. They reminded me of Orange Juice, Fireface, and Lacy. :)

I only have about two and a half months left of mission. Hmm.

I read Ether 6 this week. I don't remember if I said anything about it the last time I read it but I made a lot of lines between the barges, the storm, the stones that shine in the darkness, and other stuff in that chapter to missionary work. I recommend that you all read Ether 6 while thinking about the stones touched by Jesus as missionaries/members of the church. I think it will be pretty fun. :)

I love you the most,
Ben


 Elder Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment