Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 94

Hello Mommy,

My week number just keeps getting bigger and bigger. 94 is a lot of weeks. I did love General Conference. I forgot to write in my last weekly how much I was dying to watch it. I don't remember exactly how many minutes I spent on that weekly but it wasn't very many. One thing that stood out to me from conference was the blessings that President Nelson and Elder Rasband gave at the end of their talks. I especially liked Elder Rasband's.

Elder Rasband
Take heart, brothers and sisters. Yes, we live in perilous times, but as we stay on the covenant path, we need not fear. I bless you that as you do so, you will not be troubled by the times in which we live or the troubles that come your way. I bless you to choose to stand in holy places and be not moved. I bless you to believe in the promises of Jesus Christ, that He lives and that He is watching over us, caring for us and standing by us. In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

President Nelson
Brothers and sisters, I thank you for your faith and sustaining efforts. I leave my love and blessing upon you, that you may feast upon the word of the Lord and apply His teachings in your personal lives. I assure you that revelation continues in the Church and will continue until “the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”
I bless you with increased faith in Him and in His holy work, with faith and patience to endure your personal challenges in life. I bless you to become exemplary Latter-day Saints. I so bless you and bear my testimony that God lives! Jesus is the Christ! This is His Church. We are His people, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Another couple that I remember are the throwing the food out of the plane one, Elder Bednar's rope one, and President Oaks' family one. I don't actually remember what President Nelson's last one was about but Elder Rasband's daughter's question about whether or not to have kids was a good one.

My new area is very good. The members are way more supportive than Morioka and we have some good places to get groceries. We have a 業務スーパー, we have a fruit and vegetable stand, and we have a Don Quijote. There is also a pretty good restaurant right by the apartment that happens to also be pretty cheap. My companion is Elder Davis. He's from Arizona and has been out about 9 months I think. We have a few people that we're trying to work with but none with overwhelming desire to get baptized and join the church. We're working on changing their minds. :) The weather is okay. The last few nights have been pretty chilly. This side of the island is okay. A little bit less likely to get covered by water than the other side I think.

I love you the most!
BeN



No comments:

Post a Comment