Friday, October 5, 2018

Week 91

This week we went to Yakiniku King. It was really fun. One of the Elders decided at the end that we needed to eat lots of chocolate cake and started ordering them by sixes. He ended up eating 12 pieces of cake. I think I only had five. I haven't ever been too interested in chocolate cake. I prefer other kinds of cake. And ice cream. And fruit pies.

I also saw a Lamborghini this week. It was white. My best guess is that it was a Veneno. I've been separated from the internet for a while so I couldn't say for sure.

We've met with our friend Brother Kurosawa almost every day for the past week. He has already cut his smoking in half! We're doing our best to help him prepare for baptism and active membership in the church. His date is currently for the 6th of October.

I've decided that I like asking people if they know why Jesus is so famous. Basically everyone knows that he resurrected after three days, so if they ultimately reject me, they have to by implication, ignore the fact that Jesus is the Son of God. Unless they happen to be Christian already. Then it turns into a discussion about Joseph Smith and the restoration. A lot of people think that anyone who sees God is crazy. And it's probably true that most people who claim to see God are crazy, but to rule out the possibility of God being seen would have to rule out either God's existence or his ability to make miracles. I believe in both God's existence and his ability to perform miracles. And I'm grateful for this time that I have to share my testimony as a missionary.

Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell


No comments:

Post a Comment