Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 96

This week was pretty good. We started it off by attempting to get some extra desks out of the Sister's apartment. Their apartment is way nicer than ours, by the way. Their fridge probably cost a good three times what ours did and is probably twice the size. I'm not sure why. We eat probably double what they do. Anyway, we couldn't get the desks out the doorway because the fridge was in the way and we weren't sure that even if we moved the fridge that we could get it around the corner in the hallway. Which meant that we had two options. We could disassemble them and take them out piece by piece, or we could toss them out the window/off the second story balcony. Sister Lee looked at them a little bit before we came back (after the first attempt we had to leave and teach English class so we went back the next morning) and discovered that it would be very difficult to take them apart. That left us with only one option. Raise your hand if you remember what it was! :)

So we couldn't actually toss them because they're big and would probably break one of the classy automobiles parked in front of their apartment. So we had to tie them with a sheet and lower them using some weird bath towel/blanket things that we found in our apartment. We got them out without breaking a single thing including ourselves. It was very fun. I would definitely do it again. 10/10. Unfortunately no pictures because I was worried that if our desks fell then we would have too much evidence. Since they didn't I feel fine about sharing the whole story with you. :)

We also went to Yokote twice this week. Yokote is a pretty small place. I got there and walked out of the train station and said "this is a small place". Or something like that. Before the mission I never thought about how big places were or how I would tell. But I think I'm okay at judging the size of places. The first time we went was for companion exchanges. I went with Elder Anderson who is half Japanese but went to some elementary school in Japan so his Japanese is very good. It was fun. I got katsudon there. The next time was for a couple of baptismal interviews that they had. He's the district leader and couldn't interview his own candidates so I got to go do them. That time we went to a fancy udon place.

I love you the most!
bEn

We also got ramen with our friend, Tsukasa. He's pretty cool. :)





We got ramen with our friend, Tsukasa. He's pretty cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment