Monday, November 19, 2018

week 99

Hello friends,

I've been pretty bad about sending emails lately.

A few weeks ago my companion and I lowered a couple of desks off a second story balcony with sheets and towels because we couldn't take them apart or get them through the hallway. It was pretty fun. I would highly recommend it. No pictures because at the time we were worried it might go badly and we didn't want any more evidence than was necessary.

Last week I decided to do as many push-ups as I could in a minute. It was fun.

This week we talked to a guy named Takahashi!! He is the first person who has ever asked me when he could learn more about the church. He's excited to come on Sunday!

I'm really grateful for the restoration of the gospel. All churches can talk about how happy they are and how much church has helped them, but this is the only one I know of that claims to have visitations from heaven, to have ancient records translated by the power of God, and to be led by a living prophet today. I know that there is a prophet today just like there was in Bible and Book of Mormon times. God loves us and prophets are the way that he has always used to communicate with his children here on the earth. I'm so grateful to know about the restoration of the gospel.

I have a few pictures from a recent district meeting. Some of them are better than others.

Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell

Hello family,
I'm not sure that anything super interesting happened this week. We had interviews with President Sekiguchi. He told me that I can baptize two or three more people before I leave because I'm great. He flatters me. I would be pretty pleased if that were to happen. We've got a college dude that we've met a few times that thinks pretty deeply about Plan of Salvation sort of stuff and knows bits of lots of different religions. He needs to get baptized. We also found a super cool older dude that asked us when he could hear more about the church! I think that's maybe the first time that's ever happened to me. We told him a little bit about Joseph Smith and the restoration and he told us he was excited to come to church on Sunday! That was probably the highlight of my week. I hope that he really does come to church.

I realized that I have way more toiletries than I need to make it through the rest of my mission. I'm thinking I might sell some of my American toothpaste to some poor, unfortunate souls serving missions in Japan who might be in need of that sort of thing. I also bought a huge shaving foam can a few weeks ago that I'll have to open this week. There's no way I can use all of it either before I leave.

There is a pretty good hill that we have to ride up sometimes. I enjoy riding down it. I like to think that I can hit 40 or 45. I suppose I won't ever know for sure but it entertains me even without knowing the specific number of mph(mice playing hangman)'s.

College is right around the corner. So is go-kart racing. I don't know if you all remember that I've been having some minor withdrawal symptoms from lack of automobile racing, but I do. I thought you could all use a bit of reminding. :)

There's a pretty good restaurant nearby called Dodgers. It's pretty cheap. They also have unlimited rice and miso soup. I appreciate it.

I love you all the most!
beN

These are all of the pictures we ended up with after District Council Meeting. Some of them are better than others.










No comments:

Post a Comment