Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Week 103

Hello,

The most exciting thing this week was the mission Christmas conference that we had near the American Air Force Base in Misawa. It was really fun and the food they fed us was fantastic. I've always been really grateful for how much support I've gotten as a missionary. One of my favorite ways to be supported as a missionary is to be fed really good food. I'm probably the only missionary like that in the whole world... or maybe not.

I've been reading the Book of Mormon lately and been really impressed by all of the great examples of faith in it. They often found themselves in really dangerous circumstances, and faced brutal opposition, but were always blessed by their commitment to follow the prophet and keep the commandments. It's so easy to see the pride cycle happen in the Book of Mormon because of how quickly it passes through years and decades. The pride cycle generally starts with righteousness, and leads to prosperity and happiness. But then the people get prideful and start to believe that they don't need God or the prophets. Sometimes it takes a long time for them to humble themselves and give thanks to God, but they are always grateful that they did. Righteousness does not protect people from trials and challenges in their lives (because we need those to learn), but it does bring the promise that God will be with us. I hope that I will always have the faith and the strength to do what I need to to keep God with me at all times.

Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell


I don't remember if the food was actually mine. It might have been. 


And the other one is all the stuff that the missionaries 
got from the members for what they call 'fruit basket'. 
I don't remember if I've explained it before. It happens 
every fast Sunday. They just bring us a bunch of food. 
It's pretty fun. Or at least I think so. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum my favorite deep fried chicken, miso soup and rice.
    Have you tried Katsu donburi?

    ReplyDelete