Monday, May 21, 2018

Week 72

Excerpts from letters from Elder Mitchell and his Dad in the fast few weeks. . 

Poppy,

I hope you had a good birthday and had a hot date with mom at some kind of fancy restaurant somewhere. I heard that you got some new blazers and white shirts. That's pretty cool. :) Unfortunately I've recently taken a little bit more interest in clothing. Not enough to actually go buy some though. I don't think my interest will ever overpower my dislike of clothing stores.

I love you the most,
BeeN


Thanks Benny boy!

I did have a good birthday. We went to Indian food about a week ago and got some Chicken Korma, Chicken Saag, and Chicken Hyderabadi. It was pretty amazing. I do love Indian food. Mom made 12 dozen cookies and brought them to Church to share with the Ward. She is pretty amazing. I did not expect that at all. That was quite the surprise. . .

Well, it is quite late and I need to get up early for a flight to Spokane tomorrow. Great fun.
I love you! Keep working hard and doing good!
Love,
Poppy

Poppy,

I did have one worry about something that I heard last week and it was that I would be driving the baby truck in Provo. I'm not sure that the baby truck can drive too much in the snow. As much as I love that silly mobile. Also it only has two real seats so if decided I didn't like my date partway through I'd be stuck alone in the car with her. Or I'd have to make her walk home. Have fun flying to Spokane!

I love you the most,
Ben

Benny Boy,

Good thoughts....which I have thought about too. Also the baby truck doors sometimes freeze closed. So what if we traded the baby truck in for a 4 door car (something sort of family friendly that a good potential wife might find reasonably appealing :) ) and then sent that down?

I love you!
Poppy


Poppy,

My thought had been that we might ask Grandpa Kenison very nicely to pick one out and deliver it to me at BYU. I hadn't thought about trading the baby truck in. That would be a little bit sad. I did win high school drags in that hamster driven example of American engineering. I think I would probably get over it though. That truck isn't getting any younger. It's older than Jessica. But I am a little bit worried about your " sort of family friendly" suggestion. I hope that is not an indication of 1/4 mile time or lack of a clutch pedal. I think that an STi would be a good option. I think it's a pretty good balance between a Toyota Corolla and a Honda NSX. And they're great for snow because they have AWD. And all of the good potential wives like Subaru. Brother Lewis will agree with me I'm sure. :)

I love you the most,
beN

2 comments:

  1. The back and forth with Poppy is priceless! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😂😂you guys should write a book with back and forth letter between these two. Like the book I wanna iguana. 😉

    ReplyDelete