Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Week 69

Hello!

This week was transfer calls and I'm staying!!!!!! I'm now an 11th transfer missionary and this is my first four-transfer area. Moving all over the place is fun for a little while, but it got old pretty fast. I'm so glad to be staying in Iwaki again. Iwaki is the best!! The biggest change that will be happening this transfer is this: our apartment will now be home to four missionaries instead of just two. I'm sure that will be fun, but we have a pretty small refrigerator. Elder Bunderson and I have been filling that thing up every week and then eating it all over the following six days. Elder Bunderson suggested that righteous missionaries do a lot of fasting...

I came across a scripture that I really liked in 3 Nephi this week. It's a chapter very similar the Sermon on the Mount that Jesus gave in Matthew 5. Here's the part I liked:

3 Yea, blessed are the poor in spirit who come unto me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5 And blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

So if we're poor in spirit, come unto Christ, and also happen to be meek, then we get the kingdom of heaven and inherit the earth!! You all can probably guess which Christlike attributes I'm going to be working on this week.

Until we meet again,
Elder Mitchell

Excerpts from letters to the family:
 I did have to give a talk last Sunday but it was still an okay Sacrament meeting I think. My talk was about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. I said that keeping the Sabbath Day Holy should be super easy because Heavenly Father is so nice. He gave us six days for ourselves and asks only for one in return. I told Iwaki that if I were Heavenly Father then I would make every day the Sabbath and make everyone keep all of them holy. :-)
We had some interesting weather this week too. We had 27 in the shade one day and then 14 the next. It was pretty interesting. Those are both Celsius. I think in Fahrenheit that would be 81.6 and 57.2. We wore short sleeves both days. The second day was slightly more chilly than the first was hot. 81.6 doesn't actually sound that hot. The thermometer in the sun read 32 the first day. That would be almost 90. Either way it was a pretty crazy temperature change and we were not ready for it to be that cold yesterday.


I'm not very good at taking pictures so here are some from a long time ago. One is with my MTC comp and the other is the drinking fountain in my first area's church building. It's not very tall.




No comments:

Post a Comment