Thursday, January 25, 2018

Week 56

Good morning,

I got what I would call a pretty solid affirmation of the fact that I will be spending more than just another week here in Iwaki (That's when transfer calls are scheduled to happen). I believe that President's exact words were 'You have transferred too much'. I had a small desire to remind him 'You are in charge of transfer calls and I've transferred every six weeks since you became the mission president'. But I didn't do that. :) This was all during interviews yesterday. I guess only time will tell how that all unfolds.

Elder Warner is still kind of sick and neither of us are sure why. We're also both pretty sure that he'll transfer based on the way that we read our interviews yesterday. He's already been here for three transfers and there are a couple of reasons for him to transfer. One being the fact that a transfer is necessary for him to become a zone leader.

We got snow yesterday. Quite a lot actually. This morning we had a pretty cool area of ice and slush on the road and I took the unique opportunity to skid with both of my bike tires simultaneously. I enjoyed it. :) I don't think I broke any rules (besides having too much fun). All the white handbook says is something like 'In extreme weather you may have to adjust your travel plans'.

I also forgot to send a picture of our board from English class last week. Elder Warner and I actually didn't realize that our names were included until the Sister in charge of the activity turned the board around for everyone to see. I think it's pretty funny to read, especially when I consider the fact that our student demographic is largely made up of older women. The only exceptions that week were a middle-aged man, probably about as old as my father, and another man a bit younger than my grandparents. I'm glad that they all seem to have one nice thing to say about me. :)

Have a great week and talk with someone about the restored gospel!

Love,
Elder Mitchell

P.S. The first picture was our reaction to snowfall in the "Hawaii" of our mission. I'm sure you can tell that we were very concerned. :)



I took some pictures with me and my 6'3" 225 lbs comp 
wearing my coat. It's a little big for him too, although 
quite a lot better on him than on me. I think that to fit 
in it properly I'd have to gain closer to 30 kilos than 30 pounds. :) 

 Mom: How did you end up with such a big coat?
 Ben: I'm not quite sure. I think they just said "You're 
medium sized", and like I did to everything else 
they (and you) said that day I replied "Yep" and then we 
took it off the rack and brought it home. It says that 
it's a medium. But it's waaaay big. 




No comments:

Post a Comment