Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week 53

Good Evening,

We got two pdays this week so that was pretty cool. Yesterday Elder Warner and I played ping-pong at the church for about four hours. It was really fun. Today is just a regular pday but for some reason there are still a lot of stores that are closed. So I wasn't able to get a haircut this morning. Sad stuff.

We stayed up until midnight on New Years Eve. Our mission president told us that we could since the rest of Japan would be partying too. We watched some videos released by the church and ate popcorn. It was pretty fun.
I think it's really weird that we're already in 2018. And that I was a missionary for all of 2017. Wow.

Elder Warner and I did something a little crazy at McDonalds last night. It's a thing among missionaries to get 10 burgers from the McDonalds 100 yen menu. So we did. It's probably not something that I'll ever do again. Those burgers aren't very good.

I put up my new calendar this morning. That probably doesn't mean a whole lot to most of you, as I would guess that I'm not the only only putting up calendars for 2018, but I would like to suggest that my calendar is a little better than all of yours. :) My mom's family recently started making a calendar with all of the birthdays, anniversaries, and any other dates relevant to the family. I attached a picture of the one from last year, as well as a picture of the new one that I got for Christmas. I also did some interpretive drawing on them to make them easier to understand. :) I love my family and I know that families are gifts from God.

Do great things in 2018,
Elder Mitchell



 Before and after I ate ten 100 yen burgers.

 My old family calendar.
My new family calendar  - there are some family members not 
represented in this picture. I, for example, was not present as I am 
currently on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. But a good 
number of people were able to show up for the wedding of 
my mom's youngest sister. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, oh Ben! It’s always delightful to read his letters! He is such a character and I loved his interpretative drawing on the family picture! Ben is so awesome! 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love his drawing! It is a privilege and pleasure to read what Elder Mitchell writes.

    ReplyDelete