Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 63

We got transfer calls this week and I'm staying in Iwaki again! This is my first three transfer area. Woohoo!!! The only sad thing is that the only young man in the branch is leaving for a few months to attend an English school. So I guess we're going to have to baptize some other young people. :)

I've realized more recently how much of a waste of time social media can be. There are a lot of people that can spend hours on it and get absolutely nothing done. Be careful with how you spend your time. Our time on the earth is limited. Make the most of it.

I've realized that my time as a teenager is quickly coming to a close. I'm told by other missionaries that it's not a bad thing to turn twenty, but I'm not sure how many of them I believe. It is a bit of a problem. The way I see it there are infants, children, youth/teenagers, and everyone else. I'm about to join the final classification and enter the last stage of my life. I'm sure that there are some nice things about being an "everyone else". Midlife crises sound fun. And so does giving motorcycle rides to grandchildren. But those might be the only two fun things. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to hear about other things that individuals of advanced age have to enjoy.

And now to end on a more missionary-like note (something that I sometimes struggle with), one of our investigators is starting to have a lot more genuine interest in learning about the gospel. He actually hasn't told his family yet that he's learning about the gospel, but it's really cool to see the change that is taking place in his life slowly but surely. He's started to apply what we teach to himself and even think about others that would benefit the most from the restored gospel. That's something that I feel like I haven't stayed in an area long enough to see up until now. The gospel changes people!!

Have a great week,
Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment