Thursday, March 8, 2018

Week 62

Hello,

This week my youngest two siblings made the transition into the teenager club. That was significant for them, but also for my parents as they now have five teenagers. Unfortunately the teenager club is one that I'll be expelled from rather shortly. Then my parents will have only four teenagers, and according to the words of one of my adorable younger sisters, "one old man". She's not far wrong.

This last week we had a mission conference where we made a video for the people affected by the 3/11 earthquake and tsunami. My mission president wants to make our video (that should be out sometime in the middle of next week) go viral so he wants everyone to make some kind of effort to make that happen. I believe that his exact words were "I want to be a professional youtuber". If you all could make sure that everyone you know has an opportunity to see it, that would really help us out. :)

Another highlight of the week was when a member gave us a package of strawberries. I see strawberries at the grocery store every week but can't ever buy them because they're about five times too expensive to fit into a missionary budget. I was very grateful for that.

I also went on a run this morning. I've been jogging a little bit recently but today I decided to pick the pace up a little bit. It was an effort level that in my high school years I would have associated with a mile pace of six minutes or just under (if any of my cross country friends are reading this). Unfortunately I think this morning was probably about seven or just over. That's okay though. I was still pretty proud of myself.

The gospel is true,
Elder Mitchell

 Elder Mitchell and Elder Aiu

Blast from the past: This picture was taken the first 
day (Feb 28th) that Elder Mitchell got to Japan just over 
a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment