Friday, February 17, 2017

Week 7

Hello world,

The highlight of this week was pretty easily the devotional that we had last night. Elder M. Russell Ballard was the speaker and I had a third row seat because I was sitting next to the Japanese sisters from our zone in the interpretation section (as a zone leader making sure that they knew what to do and where to go. Just figured I should clarify that in case any of my younger sisters got any ideas. They tend to be pretty quick to come to conclusions :P). He talked about attitude, setting goals, and hard work. Because of his talk I now have a goal to 'jump out of bed with enthusiasm'. Those of you who know me very well will know that that's not the sort of thing that I've done in the past...

The next best thing was Valentines day. I got a couple packages from my mom and my grandma, both of which had cookies and other assorted goodies in them. So I've had quite a bit of sugar between yesterday and today. :)

This week it also occurred to me that I'm in the last third of my MTC time, which is a little scary. I've been here for nearly two months, but the time has gone so fast. The first three weeks felt like a year, but since then it has just flown by. I don't feel nearly prepared enough to go teach the Gospel in Japanese. But, I guess there probably haven't been very many people in the past feel like they were ready right after the MTC.

I love you all and apologize for the short email this week,
Elder Mitchell

The picture is of Elder Schaeffer from my zone. We both realized that we hadn't taken any pictures this week so we took pictures of each other to send for our weekly updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment