Thursday, June 14, 2018

Week 74

This week was okay. We had our last DTM. It was only our third one. We normally have them every week but for some reason they cancelled the first one, the third one conflicted with what they called MLT (Mission Leadership Training which basically meant that they were worried that all of the District Leaders were bad at their jobs and needed help), and the last one is cancelled due to a visit from the Area President. It was a good DTM though. We took a picture of the senior companions carrying the junior companions. That was an idea had I believe mostly for my benefit. My companion is a little bit bigger than I am. :P

We also had our two district splits this week. I didn't get any pictures with them. Oops. They're the other two Elders in the DTM pictures. They're pretty fun. I do have a little bit of beef with one of them though. He likes to tell everyone that he doesn't have any money. And it's true. He spends it all on candy and ice cream. And that's his excuse for not participating in apartment food purchasing. So then he just sort of bums off of everyone else and also buys a bunch of candy and ice cream at convenience stores while we run out of money on regular groceries. I might have to fight him.

We get transfer calls this week. I've been here for four transfers. That means that my possibility for transferring is what the members here call "abunai". But one of the members realized that and is too nice so she planned a BBQ for all of the missionaries. And is inviting all of her non-member friends so that we can all come. She's one of my favorite people.

For the area president conference we're supposed to think of questions that couldn't be answered by anyone else. Just meaning that our mission president is going to be salty if we ask questions that we could ask him in a weekly email or zone conference. Do you all have any ideas? I'm kind of lacking good questions right now.

Lots of love,
Elder Mitchell






This picture was taken at an arm-wrestling activity that my 
companion wanted to do. We set up a table next to the train 
station and challenged high schoolers to arm wrestle us. It wasn't quite 
as effective as we had hoped. It was pretty fun though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment