Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 17

Hello Everyone,

I'm still alive and doing well, although Elder Anderson and I have had a few close calls with cars while riding our bikes lately. Personally I've just had one and it was while I was following my companion (more to come in a moment), but for some reason he has had a near miss almost every day this week. I think it has something to do with the fact that he thinks we always have the right of way, and I suppose we generally do, but I like to keep a little more distance from moving cars than he does. I sometimes wonder if he were hit by a car whether or not the first thing he would say is "I had the right of way". But hopefully I don't have to find out.

So my near miss experience goes something like this: we were riding on the shoulder of a rode and there was a car stopped and waiting for an opportunity to turn. We just sort of assumed that we had been seen and proceeded to ride across this driveway (or side road or something like that) that the car is waiting to pull out of and just as we're getting really close the car starts to make like it's going to pull out right in front of us. So we slammed on our brakes and so did he and there were at least three inches to spare. Fortunately we all made it out with nothing more than an elevated heartbeat. Fun stuff. I suppose even if we had been hit it would have only been a couple mile per hour collision, but it still wouldn't have been the best thing.

Here is the companion introduction that I promised: Elder Anderson is from somewhere in Utah and is interested in art. He hopes to one day write comics for a living. He also skipped High School (and went to college) and got paid to play video games. He has an associates degree in Science. He also appreciates food so that's good.

Also today we had a zone pday of sorts and went to the Cherry Blossom Festival that my area is famous for. It was pretty cool, but some of our English class students were telling us earlier this week that it's going to be better at the beginning of May. There are a couple pictures attached.

So this week we also had our housing guy actually came to the English class! Unfortunately we didn't get a very good chance to talk to him afterwards and he was in the class that the Sister missionaries teach (right now we teach a kids class), so we didn't get much more than "It was fun" from him, but we have high hopes that he'll come again this week and we'll have a better opportunity to talk with him.

I didn't mean to write this much stuff since our writing time is a little shorter today because of zone pday, but there you go. I guess you all just got lucky... or something like that. :)

I love you all,
Elder Mitchell

P.S. The building in the picture is called Hirosaki castle. That's all I know about it.


 Cherry Blossom Festival
 Me eating curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment